Saturday, April 7, 2018

Aloha! (Spring Break)

Horton and I spent our spring break on the Big Island of Hawaii.

I spent some time walking the shoreline, looking for tidal pools, where I might find some minnows to catch, and taking breaks just to soak up the beauty of it all.

I visited Volcanoes National Park.

 Oh yeah, Bampa and Grace came, too.  Bamma was camera-shy.

I walked through a lava tube, which was pretty wet inside, contrary to how I thought it would be.  (The red stuff is reflected lighting not hot lava, unfortunately.)

 We hung out by the beach and pool much of the time.

Grace hiked into the Waipi'o Valley.

And she wrote messages to the gods in the black sand.

I went on a grueling hike in search of petroglyphs.

 I scanned the tidal pools for sea turtles and more minnows.

The rest of my crew did a bit of snorkeling.

And Aunt B. buried me in the sand.  I can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment